Making a vintage dress look actual is not that hard especially nowadays when everything goes. You can do any or all of the things above:
- add a belt (especially if the dress is not the perfect size for you, it’s going to give it a flattering shape, flattering is always modern in my book). You can also modify it, make it fit perfectly, maybe make it shorter.
- wear high heels (a killer pair of shoes will create a nice contrast with the dress)
- wear lots of accessories (you can see I’m not shy when it comes to those: I love big, statement jewelry, they always add something extra to any outfit).
- mix vintage clothes with modern pieces, don’t be afraid to pair different things, different decades, prints, colors and styles, just have fun, fashion is not about rules, it’s about you and your personality
- wear something cool in your hair
- feel good in whatever you choose, it’s going to show in your confidence
- throw a cool leather jacket, a colorful blazer, a cardigan with interesting details over it