This move was well thought and came with the expected side of criticism but had the desired result: ”A lot of people said, ‘Oh, now we have a great actress come along and she’s showing her boobs.’ But that’s exactly what I had to do so I could keep working. Honestly, that photo shoot is what helped me get ‘X-Men” she said in an interview.
I get that this points of view came from the desire to respect Suzanne Collins‘s character one hundred percent (in the books Katniss is described as being painfully thin), but they could have said it in a classier manner than referring to her as being fat.
For God sake, Jennifer Lawrence is 5 ft 9 (175 cm) tall and around 130 pounds (59 kg) which is pretty much perfect!
And having just seen the Silver Linings Playbook I can understand why - she's absolutely amazing and so is mister Bradley Cooper who's talent, I admit, I underestimated till now. Big mistake as they are both terrific in this little movie who succeeds a very rare thing - to talk about a very serious problem (mental health) in a light way but without making fun of it. It reminded me of Juno that way!
Jennifer Lawrence looks absolutely gorgeous in the movie and not too young either - she's 22, Bradley is 38 but I never once thought about the 16 years gap between them watching it.
The funny thing is the one who didn’t get it (big surprise here) and started all the controversy on Twitter was Lindsay Lohan (her tweet -“No1 should ever mess with a legend such as Meryl Streep”) proving once again she’s brain dead. Meryl Streep wasn't even there so that really wouldn’t have made sense.
Jennifer Lawrence explained the whole thing while hosting Saturday Night Live a few days ago and delivered a few other skits and a funny monologue where she "trashed" all four of her fellow Best Actress Oscar nominees: Jessica Chastain, Naomi Watts, Emmanuelle Riva and Quvenzhane Wallis.
- She is close friends with Lily Collins
- She is the only girl to be born on the Lawrence side of the family in fifty years
- She appeared in the music video The Mess I Made by the band Parachute
- She refuses to have a twitter or a Facebook account
- Rolling Stone Magazine named her ‘America’s kick-ass sweetheart’
- In October 2012 she was announced as the new face of Dior
- She ranked #1 on AskMen's list of Top 99 Most Desirable Women for 2013
- She's hilariously referred as JLaw by press, fans and bloggers