At this point I’m convinced Hollywood and possibly the entire world is conspiring so that I go and watch Fifty Shades of Grey once it’s made into a movie. And you know what? I’m going to go because they did the only thing that would ever convince me to do so – they just cast Charlie Hunnam as Christian Grey.
So what I say is - get over it! He’s the hottest thing ever and a great actor, he’s too good for Christian Grey and Fifty Shades of Grey if you ask me. I hope this role is not going to ruin his career but rather bring him more fame/name recognition so that he can go further after this.
They’re ruining Charlie’s street cred as the badass to end all badasses: Jackson 'Jax' Teller with this but hopefully ratings for Sons of Anarchy will raise and the show will get more attention as a result.
I remember first seeing him in Queer as Folk as Nathan Maloney in the late 90s – he was really very young then. I also remember him in the hilarious Undeclared as the hot British exchange student.
Recently Charlie Hunnam stared in Guillermo del Toro’s $100 million-grossing sci-fi Pacific Rim alongside Idris Elba.
- he’s 33 years old and 6' 1" (1.85 m)
- he might look like your quintessential American boy but he’s British (originally from Newcastle, England) and faking the American accent in Sons of Anarchy
- he’s good friends with many of his Sons of Anarchy co-stars - Theo Rossi, Tommy Flanagan, Mark Boone Junior
- he has three brothers
- he auditioned for Dawson's Creek where he meet Katharine Towne that he married after three weeks (they were married for three years between 1999-2002)
- he's a screenwriter as well and pretty good at that since he already sold one script - Vlad - to Plan B and Summit Entertainment
- he was discovered in a shoe shop by a production manager
- loves to hit the gym (like this would ever surprise somebody with that body)
- his current girlfriend is jewelry designer Morgana McNelis who he's been dating for six years.
- they recently left Los Angeles and now live on a farm in the California countryside
- he said he hasn’t eaten pork in 25 years.
- he stared in an ad campaign for Emporio Armani in 2005
- Charlie likes folk, blues and bluegrass and he is a huge hip-hop fan (The RZA from Wu-Tang Clan is his favorite artist alongside Van Morrison and Tom Waits)