Sunday, September 14, 2014

Does dressing up make people look down on you?


Every time I sense fall creepin’ in, I get this feeling of renewed determination regarding my future plans mixed with the ridiculous panic that I didn’t wear half of my summer wardrobe. The story of my life – serious shit and superficial stuff always fighting for my attention!

But here’s what I learned – you can be a badass at your job and do everything you put your mind into and still love fashion and dressing up. Some people will label you as a mindless bimbo for it ‘cause you can’t possibly wear a pretty fluffy skirt, high heels and also have a mind of your own! I personally don’t care for that sort of jerks! 

I like my costume jewelry and short dresses and I’ll be damned if I’ll ever give them up just to be taken seriously by narrow minded idiots. I don’t mind proving people wrong – at least that means they have it in them to eventually see past their preconceptions which gives me a bit of hope.

That being said, you’ll see me wear lots of cropped tops and summery skirts and dresses in the next couple of outfit posts – I just want to give all of them a go while I still can :)))).

And yes, I’m back to a constant posting schedule here! I told you fall does things to my heart and mind!

 cropped top - random brand / puffy skirt - here / studded sandals - H&M/ cross earrings - here / bracelets - New Look / sunglasses - romwe / bag - random brand

 Let me know if you ever felt that liking fashion and clothes has made certain people look down on you and if you want me to talk more about this subject! :))



18 comentarii :

Adina Nanes said...

Ca mare dreptate ai! Majoritatea persoanelor, daca te vad mai bine imbracata si aranjata, au senzatia ca nu ai pic de creier in cap. Asa ma enerveaza asta. Dar si cand isi dau seama de contrariu, au un soc imens :)))) Nici eu nu pot renunta la stilul meu vestimentar pentru simplul fapt ca unii te catalogheaza intr-un anume fel, asa ca te sustin aici :D
Si stai linistita ca nici eu n-am apucat sa-mi port toata garderoba de vara si nici sa o postez pe blog :))) O pastrez pentru la anul :)) :*:*

Stilistele said...

wow! you look so hot lately! <3

Pearl in Fashion said...

Honey, you look so pretty! Gorgeous skirt!

visit me soon on
http://pearlinfashion.blogspot.com

ChocolateFashionCoffee said...

that skirt looks amazing and the whole outfit suits your bodytype so well! love it :)




Saci
ChocolateFashionCoffee
ChocolateFashionCoffee Facebook Page
ChocolateFashionCoffee INSTAGRAM!!!

marina miouprincess said...

Lovely skirt and bag!

www.miouprincesslovespink.blogspot.gr

Alice in vintageland said...

@Adina Nanes - Nu mai zic de situatiile in care par aproape jigniti ca stii sa citesti! Toamna m-a prins total nepregatita - nu am apucat sa port nici 10% - pe blog chiar nu am pus nimic!

Alice in vintageland said...

@Stilistele - Thank you and look who's talking! I'm working out so I guess that's it!:))))

Alice in vintageland said...

@ChocolateFashionCoffee - thank you, I love high waisted anything + cropped tops!

Tamara Chloé said...

I love your words of wisdom and I so agree with you!

Keep dressing up and let people talk, you look absloutely stunning!

xx Tamara Chloé

http://www.tamarachloestyleclues.blogspot.com

Avellia Anwar said...

gorgeous <3

visit mine,
Miss Aa

Ivanasworld said...

Lovley skirt :)

Live-Style20 said...

fine skirt ;]]


xoxo

new post
www.live-style20.blogspot.com

Giada Graziano said...

So chic :)

Xo, Giada
GlamObserver

Isa Machado said...

Fantastic outfit girl! :)

Isa M., Tic Tac Living

Anayeli Acosta said...

Estas preciosa! me encanta la falda
www.ancostblog.com

Kstylick said...

Hi there my dear! I just want to ask if we can follow each other on Bloglovin, GFC or Facebook?

Please leave a comment on my blog and follow by blog!

http://kstylick.blogspot.com

You can also like my Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/Kstylick

I will follow you back! XOXO

Korean Fashion Blog

Andrea Carro said...

Que romántica falda.
Los tacones son preciosos@AndreeaCarro www.MiPerchaPesa.blogspot.com

Joyce Ma said...

So lovely, the white dress with rose. I really like it !


Sofie
http://www.persunca.com/blog/

AddThis Smart Layers

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...