Follow Pop Culture And Fashion Magic

Sunday, May 25, 2014

Maternity style – a few thoughts


As a very tall girl I have always struggled finding certain articles of clothing to fit properly: maxi dresses and maxi skirts are never long enough, pants and jeans are always shorter than I’d like,  miniskirts are too short for me, sleeves rarely go to my wrist and the list can go on and on.

High street and even designer stores generally fail to cater to the needs of niche silhouettes and heights and prefer going the safe route with the standard sizes and shapes that are going to sell and appeal to most. And even those which have tall, petite or curvy sections, don’t pay enough attention to them, so they end up being a disappointment as far as variety and design goes, especially compared with the clothes you can find in the “normal” section.

Based on some of  my friends’ experience and what I’m constantly hearing from readers, the situation is quite similar when it comes to maternity clothes. Pregnant women have a hard time finding stylish clothes specially designed for this wonderful, but equally difficult period of time in their life. They usually have to get creative and buy clothes a few sizes bigger or just give up and pretty much avoid going out during the last months of pregnancy. The few stores which do sell maternity clothes are often not what they are looking for - having an outdated and unflattering selection of clothes that’s just plain depressing.

 
Thankfully, there’s always online shopping and the magic of internet with its myriad possibilities. That’s how I discovered Isabella Oliver – which is probably the best maternity brand I’ve come across so far. The way I knew they were great was when I realized I had spent over an hour  browsing  through their shop and was actually considering ordering something and I’m not even pregnant, nor do I  have plans to get pregnant in the near future. But that’s the cool thing about Isabella Oliver – the clothes are designed so that you can wear them during and after pregnancy justifying the higher price tag. That, the cut and the quality of the fabrics they use make the clothes a pretty good investment. 

I made quite a few collages using my favorite looks from their site to serve as visual aid and get you inspired and excited about the various ways you can dress if you happen to be pregnant or generally going in that direction!:)

 
I'd love to hear from those of you who know more about maternity style first hand! Don't hesitate to share your tips and favorite shopping destinations with all of us!


8 comentarii :

Karishma said...

These are some great tips :)

M + K said...

do these pieces only come in maternity sizes, because we love so many of tehm!!!it shows that some smart styling can make anyone look their best!

http://mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au/

Nohayedadparalamoda said...

Wow ,se puede estar embarazada y bella ,unos look preciosos !!!
He recorrido tus look y estoy encantada !! besos y buen lunes
http://nohayedadparalamoda.blogspot.com
Facebook https://www.facebook.com/nohayedadparalamoda

Unknown said...

Such a great post! :)

♥ ♡ ♥ ♡

Do you want to follow each other on instagram? I'm Chic Street Choc ! Thank uuu

FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK
CHIC STREET CHOC

sweetCarol said...

thanks for your comment in my blog. Lovely looks!!I like so much these pictures
see you
http://sweetcarolblog.blogspot.com.es/

Unknown said...

Que looks mas bonitos!! Son preciosos!
www.sweetlive.es

Unknown said...

Great tips and inspiration for pregnancy! I will have this in mind when the time comes :) I'm following you on Facebook, Bloglovin and Instagram, follow me back and let's keep in touch!
XOXO

Milu
www.hellolupi.blogspot.com

Lovemere said...

Wow! Nice blog. These tips are very helpful for who think to buy maternity dress. So, I shall be very thankful to you to discuss this useful information with us.
Maternity Wear Dresses

AddThis Smart Layers

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...